Note, this article was previously published in November, 2018.
Hey all, it’s come to my attention that not everyone knows how to submit an article or post to the site, so here’s an updated guide to show you the relevant steps. This process should be essentially the same for all three sites in the .Cards family (AGOT, LOTR, and L5R) so you may note that all screenshots used are from the AGOT.Cards website.
- First up, head to the Account menu on the right. From here, select the Submit Post option.
- Now, you’ll get a screen like this. From here the fields are labeled in a pretty straightforward manner. The Post Content box includes some basic Word like editing and formatting options or you can copy/paste from another document if you’d like.
- The AGOT and LOTR sites also have the ability to link card titles to a popup of the card image to make things easier on readers. I’d like to add this to the L5R site, funds permitting.
- Make sure to select a Category for the article. One off submissions should probably select Guest Writer. If you’d like to start a regular column with it’s own category, please get in touch with me and I can set that up.
- Also, make sure to upload some kind of Featured Image. This is the thumbnail pic that shows in all of the preview menus, the homepage, and archives. As well, it will be shown at a large size at the top of your article.
- At the very bottom, you will also see a Submit button and an option to Save Draft. If your article is ready for the public to read, hit Submit and it will go live. If you’d like to pause where you are and come back to work on it later, use Save Draft.
- If you’d like to access your existing articles and drafts, hit the Dashboard link on the right hand side.
- From here, you’ll have a list of all of your articles. You can open any saved Drafts up, continue working and then publish them. As well, if you notice an error or otherwise need to make changes to an existing article that you’ve published, you can access the Edit function here to make tweaks.
There you go! That’s everything you need to post brand new articles about your favorite card game topics.