Dragons of the East FAQ
Unofficial FAQ for Dragons of the East, the 8th deluxe box expansion
Proof reading done by Collin WeirKhal Drogo DOTE
- If Khal Drogo’s text is blank until the end of phase and you control an army or dothraki character that will return hand at the end phase. The blank effect will have expired already and Khal Drogo will have regained it’s text to trigger his ability when your army or dothraki character will be returned to hand.
- You may trigger his reaction to an attachment that entered play not under your control.
- Cards that do not have the printed Attachment card type, but however are granted the Attachment card type as they enter play is considered a valid triggering condition for Captain Groleo. (Ex: Risen from the Sea, Valyrian’s Crew, Dothraki Handmaiden, Blood Magic Ritual)
- The cards you attach facedown as an attachment are not terminal and will return to your hand if Dothraki Handmaiden leaves play.
- Facedown cards have no attributes other than the attributes given them by the card that put them into play. The facedown cards attached on Dothraki Handmaiden have the card type attachment and can be targeted by card effects that targets attachments. However Weapons at the Door will not affect them since facedown cards do not have the printed attachment card type. If you sacrifice a facedown attachment on Dothraki Handmaiden using Trading with Qohor, there are no eligible targets to find as it has no printed cost.
- If Dothraki Handmaiden’s textbox is blanked, the facedown attachments remain attached
- When you use Dothraki Handmaiden’s Marshaling action to attach a facedown card as an attachment, it counts as a triggering condition for an attachment entering play.
- When you marshal the facedown attachment card that is attached on Dothraki Handmaiden into the faceup printed attachment, it does not count a triggering condition for an attachment entering play, but it does count as an triggering condition for a card being marshaled (Ex: Xaro Xhoan Daxos). ( Source )
- You do not need to announce whether your intention is to search for 1 big character or 3 small ones before searching the top 10 cards of your deck. You can search the top 10 cards and then decide what to add to your hand based on what you find. ( Source )
- If the event is cancelled, you don’t need to discard any cards. Discarding cards is part of the effect and not a cost. Your opponent must decide whether to cancel or not after you’ve chosen the target for Incinerate but before you decide how many and which cards to discard for the effect.
- If you setup Pentos, you cannot trigger it if you drew an attachment card while drawing cards until you have 7 cards in hand. ( Source )
- When you draw an attachment using an effect that indicates that you must discard a card afterwards (Ex: Oldtown Informer), if you discard the attachment that was just drawn, you cannot trigger Pentos to put it into play from the discard pile. If you choose to discard another card, be certain that the attachment that was just drawn is identifiable for when Pentos is triggered.
- If you draw an attachment using Highgarden Jester and then place a card randomly on top of your deck, a method you can use to be certain the card you just drew is identifiable is to lay out your hand with the attachment card that was just drawn in an identifiable manner and roll a dice to determine which card to randomly place on top of your deck. If the attachment card that was just drawn is placed back on top of your deck, you will not be able to trigger Pentos.
- If you put into play a duplicate of a unique attachment, you do not get to draw a card.
- You can put 1 dothraki from your hand and 1 from your discard pile into play
- If you put a duplicate of a unique dothraki character into play using Overwhelming Numbers, the duplicate is no longer a character and thus stays in play at the end of phase.
*****Womb of the World
- If you put a duplicate of a unique dothraki character into play using Womb of the World, the duplicate is no longer a character and thus stays in play at the end of phase.
- First player has first action in each phase. (Ex: After the first player collects income during the marshaling phase, his first action may be to marshal or play a card that spends all his gold before the 2nd player may trigger Clydas’s ability)
- If a lasting effect has a delayed effect that would cause a card to leave play and you’ve given control of it to your opponent, the card still leaves play at the delayed timing and enters the owner’s out of play area.
*****Ser Meryn Trant
- If multiple replacement effects are initiated against the same triggering condition, the most recent replacement effect is the one that is used for the resolution of the triggering condition (Ex: Your opponent triggers Missandei to put her into play instead, you trigger Ser Meryn Trant to remove her from the game instead.)
- The cards placed under your agenda facedown with Archmaester Marwyn and The Conclave agenda are considered the same pool of cards.
- You cannot trigger Archmaester Marwyn if your deck does not have an agenda.
- If you choose to take control of the target character, the character will not be knelt.
- You can choose a character that is already knelt if you are going to take control of it.
- You can only choose a character, location or attachment that’s in play. Card effects do not affect cards that is not in play unless it specifically references an out of play area.
- The entire effect of the event can get cancelled by Rickon Stark.
- If the location or attachment gets saved from being discarded, the card’s owner does not get to search their deck for a location or attachment with a lower printed cost.
- If a location gets discarded, the owner of the location may search for an attachment. Vice Versa.
- A neutral card doesn’t not count as being affiliated to any faction.
- You can count the multiple factions that a single character might have. (Ex: a non-stark character that has Ward attached, a non-NW character with Sworn to the Watch attached)
*****At the Palace of Sorrows
- If multiple effects sets the STR of a character to a fixed number, the most recent effect to be applied takes precedence.
- If all your characters with the highest strength are already knelt, you will not be able to trigger this plot’s reaction.
*****Loan From the Iron Bank
- If you have 2 copies of this plot in your used pile, their effects stack to reduce your revealed gold value by 2.