House of the Dragon

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Kennon
Admin
Topic starter
(@kennon)

Ok, who all watched it last night? What did you think?

My no spoiler reaction is that if I was comparing it to GOT episodes, I'd put it in the upper third. Not all the way to the heights of episodes like Ned's death or The Purple Wedding, but notably better than competing shows like Wheel of Time.

What say you all?

And fair notice to anyone reading from here on out, we should probably be free to go full spoiler for the rest of this thread.

2 Replies
Kennon
Admin
Topic starter
(@kennon)

And now we're two episodes in!

The Red Widow
(@theredwidow)
All I can say is I loved the first 2 episodes and look forward to the next one. No, I don't see this as a show that will have any kind of the same cultural impact as A Game Of Thrones but I think it's going to be a really fun TV series.
And I think it's really going to surprise a lot of people who dismiss it as a cheap knockoff.
The accents are genuine, the characters well acted, the pacing is actually really good, and any parallels with the original are welcome to me. It feels like we're in for a lot more surprises. I just hope that this show doesn't get the same kind of non-stop anticipatory hype drumming that GoT had. That will make it hard for it to live up to the expectations in season 1. I'd rather just enjoy it for what it is.
I guess I should also add that it's nice to have some new source material to break down and process.
Share:

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More